Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'm evidently not above bragging....

about myself. I guess I am going to go ahead and do it. I have a secret. One I am about to tell you. I work at a scrapbook store in town. I work at Archiver's. (There...now you know!) Recently we had a little healthy competition within our 44 stores for calendar layouts. Each employee could submit and I did my standard 8x8 page. I got my layout back a couple of weeks ago and nothing was said. So I didn't think anything about it. Until we got the pages in for our Holiday Gift Ideas book that is displayed on the counter in the store. And guess what? My layout is in that binder! Yeah!!! Well, since I am also such a well-informed employee, (insert a snort here...) I knew that the ideas and layouts from the pages in the binder were also supposed to be on their website, I checked it out. Well, there was my layout again!!! So if you are all interested in viewing it, here is the link:

http://www.archiversonline.com/ideas/1707

Okay. Now my back is starting to hurt from all that patting I am doing on my own behalf. Also, my arm is starting to cramp...so I will move on!

My husband (accounting student extraordinaire) is about to finish his degree. On Dec. 1 is his last class. We have been working towards this for 2 1/2 years. Not only has he been going to school full-time through the University of Phoenix, but he has been working full-time. If that is not enough, he constantly battles fatigue and other physical ailments due to a rare genetic disease he has. So let me brag him up too, while I am handing out kudos! He is going to graduate with honors! Way to go, Darling Husband!!! But along with the degree is also the stress of finding a new job. One that will help pay for this wonderful degree. And in case ya' all haven't noticed...the economy is in a "bit" of a slump. So he is stressing. So for all you prayer folks out there...we could use a few sent up on our behalf. Thanks so much for that. God is good and even when we don't hear his voice...we know He is there.

That is a lesson that we could probably take to heart concerning the recent election too. Whether your candidate won or lost...God is still sovereign and He is still answering prayer. Whew. I am relieved about that. I remind myself frequently of that also.

So with that, I close. Hope you are having a good week!

2 comments:

Amanda Smith said...

How cool, Angie! I love your page - you have such a talant with layering! You should definitely be bragging :) And congratulations to your husband for finishing school. I will be praying that he finds the perfect job for him and your family.

Have a great weekend!
Amanda

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!! Way to go girl!! You do deserve a pat on the back!! ;)