Wednesday, February 4, 2009

SHHHH....It's a secret.

But not anymore! I recently was asked to join the Creative Cuts and More design team as a Guest Designer. I am officially the guest designer for one of the summer months. However, I have been doing a little extra-curricular work for Terry! (Hi Terry!) She sent me some things to get me started a few months early on my month's theme. (which would be for June!) but I got on a creative tangent and well, the photos tell the rest of the story!

So here are a few photos. This is the cover of a 4x4 chipboard album from Creative Cuts and More.

The quality of the chipboard is awesome! Even though I usually prefer to work in a little larger format, this little book was so fun to put together. I used paper from the DCWV "All Dressed Up" line. The flourish on the front is done with a Sizzix die cut.

This is the first layout in the little album. DH and I celebrated 12 happy years together last month. (Has it really been that long????) On these pages, the date is cut from Quickutz' Dragonfly alpha 4x8 plate. I cut the letters in vellum, ran them through my Xyron "X" and then stuck them down. The white "sundial" is a stamp from the Fancy Pants "In the Garden" stamp set. The number 12 is some white rub-ons from Autumn Leaves and the red letters are sparkly Sticko stickers from EK Success.

This layout includes a happy photo from 2007. (Thanks to my brother-in-law, Scott. He is awesome behind that camera!!!) The flower at the bottom right of the left-hand page was done with a McGill punch. The pink scalloped frame on the right page is from Creative Cuts and More. The letter for "US" were chipboard letters that I layed under a black sheet of cardstock and then ran them through my die-cutting machine. It left an embossed image that I rubbed white ink over.On this page, I stamped the big black "4" using a lino background stamp from Prickley Pear Rubber stamps. Then, I used a Fiskars hand punch and punched some flowers out of vellum. I used black Stayz-on ink and a new flourish stamp from Prickley Pear to stamp them before adhering them on the page.

After all this, I am now looking forward (after an invitation from the Diecut Dive herself!!!) to joining her design team on a more regular and permanent basis. We have some great things planned and I can't wait to share those projects with you. As soon as I get them done! hee-hee.

Okay. Check back in a few days to find out what the rest of the album looks like. In the mean time, hop on over to Terry's blog (Diecut Diva) and check out what is going on over there! She has some really great, high quality die cuts (and other really good stuff too!!) that you should probably check out! Have a great week, Peeps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...