Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Zoom-a-zoom!


Well, someone contacted me about doing an album for them, and now I am going to share it with YOU!! This is a little gift album that is going to be a "Gramma's Brag Book". It is race car themed. And...it is very fun. I used the Zutter Bind-it-All to put the book together after the pages were done. I haven't used my Zutter in a while...so I needed a little refresher course!

The race car and other paper pieces were hand cut. The patterned paper is all from Making Memories "Giggle Kids" line. The airplanes, frog and words are rub-ons from Colorbok's "Leaps and Bounds" line.

The patchwork paper is from Basic Grey's Lime Rickey line and the Polka dotted stars are diecut with a Sizzix Star die using Creative Cafe's blue felt sheet. I did use some acrylic pages in here...but I "recycled and re-used" them. The are actually cut from some old Acrylic Cropper Hopper envelopes (made to hold 12x12 paper) that were made out of this frosted acrylic. The envelopes were all ripped, but they were sure fun to cut apart and re-use them in this album.

Today is another hot one here in Idaho...and I have had a busy day doing this and that. I made zuccini bread for the first time today. I have a vintage Kitchen Aid mixer (that has been passed down to me from my Mom) and have the grater/slicer attachment. I put them to work today and grated one huge zuccini. I must say that after the bread was done, it tasted mighty fine with a glass of cold milk and topped with some butter. I will post some pictures of my KA mixer (since it is running fine and it is over 40 years old). At that time I will tell you the little story of how I acquired it, and why I know that there is a repairman here in town that does work on vintage KA mixers!! However, I will save that for another day.

Hope you have a great day. Stay cool where you are at!!!

1 comment:

Steph Zerbe said...

Very cool. Love the roads, the cars and colors!! Great job!