Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hoot, hoot.

Whoooooooo knew that an owl could be so cute?? I just love this little owl! I stamped him on some DCWV "Once Upon a Time" Cardstock and then cut him out. I added some sparkle to his eyes and beak with Gelly Roll Stardust pens. The chipboard flourish (translate that into "owl perch") is from May Arts. I painted it a "gripping" green and then stamped over the flourish using Chestnut Roan ink and a Prickley Pear image. I used a background stamp on the tag and added a matching green polka dot paper for the sentiment to be stamped on. It turned out pretty a-okay! All images are from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps. (Including that cute little owl!)

Well, Peeps. Not much exciting happening here. I am getting a really late start on the old homeschooling thing today. This mommy is tired. I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday. I even have Saturday off. (No work at my place of employment!) However, the morning will be filled with soccer, soccer and more soccer for my Darling Daughter. (and Me too!) Maybe I can even wedge in some scrapping/stamping time in the next few days. Or at least I can hope!!

I don't know if any of you other Moms out there have ever had problems with this, but my loving son is 6 1/2 and we are still having trouble with telling which hand is his left and which is his right. It's an ongoing struggle. (Okay...at least it is a small struggle. Not one of those huge ones like getting him to tie his shoes! ha.)

Well, Peeps. I hope that you finish your week with a bang! Have a good one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute Angie!! :) I love that little owl too!! You know what I did?....I stamped one, cut him out and placed him on my ink pad stand so I can look at him spinning around!! teehee!! :)

Kim Ross said...

Adorable owl! :) Don't worry too much about DS. I turned out OK and I'm not sure about left & right either.

I do have a trick, though. If you put your hands out in front of you (palms facing away from you), the thumb and pointer finger on the left hand make an L. Can't tell you how many times I have to open my hands on the steering wheel to see that "L". :)