Saturday, August 9, 2008

Yawn.

Well, this isn't what I planned to post today. I looked through all my photos yesterday and thought that I had several that I wanted to post and yet, today none of them looked "suitable". So I am posting another layout from that little journal I did for the Prickley Pear design team.

On the left is the back of a tag that I inserted into the book before binding it. The layout on the right is done on a kraft paper base. I used Twinkling H2O's (the kind that come in a little spray bottle) in Pink Grapefruit and then layed some blades of grass in the right-hand corner before spraying. It was an easy-peezy thing to do outside...no clean up that way!! When the Twinkling H2O's had dried, I flicked off the grass blades and it left a negative image (and a little contrast) in the corner of the page. I then used Twinkling H2O's (the cakes that you wet with water) and applied it to the corner of the page and the corner of the envelope. I also embossed the corner of the envelope with sand colored embossing powder. That vellum envelope is so cute and I got it in a kit off the clearance table at Joann Fabrics. I stamped a small rectangle of cardstock and inserted it into the envelope. Such a great way to incorporate journaling tags into a layout! You could do it with other small envelopes too.

Okay. Well, I had a fierce case of insomnia last night...so "Yawn...." I am getting a late start. I am enjoying my last few days before the kiddos go back to school. It takes me a few days to get geared up, all the while wondering why in the world we choose to school our kids at home!! Then school starts and I remember all the reasons...but the days before leave me wondering about my sanity! Have a great weekend, Peeps!

No comments: