Monday, July 28, 2008

At last...

Well, Peeps...this will be the last post about darling daughter's birthday album. We will move on to other things next time! However, I have one more photo I wanted to share.
Hope you all had a rockin' good weekend. Here in the middle of the desert it was a hot one. However, we run our A/C all the time because of my husband and daughter's extreme intolerance to the heat. When it's a 100 degrees, even 75 degrees inside is a huge difference!


On this layout I used swirl stamps and stamped swirls on the background (left) using versamark. Then on the purple photo mat I stamped more swirls, running them off the edge. I also embossed them using Ranger's white embossing powder. I took it a step farther and used the Versamark pad to "edge" the paper. After using the inkpad on the edge of the paper I sprinkled more embossing powder on it. I didn't want there to be a heavy border, so I ran my finger over the embossing powder and removed some of it. It gave it a fun distressed look.

On the right page, which is really not a full page, I adhered a vellum envelope (cut in half) that had been embossed with white embossing powder and the edges inked with purple VersaColor ink. I added tags to the envelope with plans to journal and maybe have my sweet girl write something about her own birthday party that she would like to remember. One of those tags also has some Prima flowers adhered to it and a pink tab (done on the Silhouette) added to the top corner. A great way to customize tabs is to stamp on them.

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what ya' think! I would be great to hear from you! Have a great start to your week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is just gorgeous!! Love it!! ;)