Monday, July 21, 2008

One last time...

Well, I think this will be the last post from this album. I have had the photo ready for a couple of days, but we have been spending some quality family time together over the weekend with our extended family. It has been a lot of fun.

We have had quite a bit of family related issues concerning family members in the hospital...so if you would remember us in prayer it would be so appreciated. My husband's family and mine both.
Okay. Now on to the photo.


I love this close-up photo of my son. It shows all the freckles on his nose. (Can't see those in this post, however!) I did print it in black-and-white, which lends continuity to the layout, but the unfortunate thing is that ya' don't get to see his sparkly blue eyes. Aaahhhh....another time.

Since I wanted the focus to be on his face, I zoomed in really close for the 4x6 photo. The actual photo was taken pretty close, but I still wanted to lose some of the background. The word "His" on the left layout is made up of sticker letters from Doodlebug Designs. The white "bullseye" embellishment is from that Creating Keepsakes scrapbook kit I got for a whooping $5, and the patterned paper (both striped and dots) are from the Bo-Bunny Shabby Princess line.

I adhered the photo on three sides (making it a pocket) and stuck in a tag. That is a trick I often use to hide my journaling. That way the journaling is still there, but I don't have to worry about finding a place on the page to put it!

Hope all you cyber-friends have a great day!

No comments: