Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I am a Prickley Pear Girl!

Greetings to all you peeps out there in cyberspace. Hope you are having a good week. I am rather weary this a.m. My kiddies spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's and I am sure they had a rockin' good time! However, this mommy had to work last night. I taught a class at the scrapbook store that went very, very smoothly. Just the way I like them! So not only is my brain a bit weary, so is my body.

However, I just wanted to post a picture for ya' all. Since January, I have been part of the design team over at Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps. If any of you have never heard of them, you should head on over there! http://www.prickleypear.com/ They have a great selection of artsy, yet whimsical stamps. I know Nicole has added quite a few NEW stamps this summer and will be adding some more very soon.

Anyhow....I am part of their design team. So today, I am going to show you a card using NEW stamps from Prickley Pear.

The patterned paper for this card is from Deja Views. The ribbon is from a roll I picked up from the dollar bins at Target. Cute, huh? However, the images are all Prickley Pear. The sentiment and the birds. Here is a quiz. There are two birds, can you find the second one?? The first one is obvious, being stamped in ultramarine Vivid dye ink from Clearsnap. The other one is more carefully hidden. Does it help if I tell you it is smaller? How about that it is done with white embossing powder?? How about this...it is perched on top of a flower in front of a green, white and magenta stripe?? Ya' didn't know you were going to have to go hunting today, huh?

For added dimension on this card, I used pop dots under the pink piece with the blue bird on it. Doing that also allowed the piece to lay flat and not have a bulging area under the ribbon.

Okay, peeps. I gotta' fly! (chirp, chirp) I have to go save Grandma and Grandpa, oops, I mean pick up my kiddies from Grandma and Grandpa's house! Have a great day and be sure to see what Nicole has over there at Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps!!

No comments: