Saturday, July 19, 2008

Still Learning.

Well, I have spent some time trying to practice watermarks for my photos and also trying to decide what format to save my photos for posting them to this blog. Oh my! I have done watermarks before, but it has been a while. Learning a new program is always a challenge! Sometimes it takes time to get it to do what ya' want! And I know almost nothing about posting things to the web and to my blog...so it is going to be learning as I go!

However, I did get a photo ready and have a scrapbook page to show you.


This is another layout from my son's mini-album that he loves so much. This is from a special time he spent with his cousin. (who is now FIFTEEN! Where does time go?)

The patterned paper is again from the Bo-Bunny Shabby Princess line. The circle is cut with the circle cutter using The Paper Company's Papaya metallic cover stock. After adhering most all of the edge of the circle, I did leave a place that I could stick a couple of tags down behind it. That is where I "hid" my journaling. The letters are from Reminisce. (I think!) and the frame for the photo is kind of a cool little thing. It has a story behind it too! I was at a scrapbook/craft store and they had a scrapbook kit on sale for $5. It included an 8x8 album, embellishments and paper!! Wahoo!!! Well, in this Creating Keepsakes album kit were some metal frames covered with paper. So what I have done here is paint over the frame using Making Memories Scrapbook paint (Funking Vintage Chartreuse) and then stamp on it using some Verve Visual star stamps in Clearsnap's Chestnut Roan Chalk ink.

Also, if you get out your magnifying glass or microscope and look at the left side of the layout, you might be able to see some alphabet tabs that I adhered to the edge of each of the pages. One tab per page and it spells out my son's name.

Have a great weekend, cyber-friends!

No comments: