Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shabby chic or just distressed??

This card was an experiment from the start. I was so happy with the way it turned out. Let me give you an idea of how I did this.

I started with the card base in Kraft colored cardstock. I love that color!! Then I stamped background images (all stamps are from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps). I stamped the swirls in Vivid dye inks and then used my lino background stamp using Ranger Distress ink. After doing that, I used Twinkling H2O's to paint on a layer of Mallard Green in the right-hand corner. Then I proceeded to stamp and emboss the sentiment and the eagle. I love this eagle image! It is great for artsy projects, as well as masculine cards. After I used the heat gun for the images, I used my Versamark pad to distress the edges of the card and then sprinkled gold emossing powder on it. After tapping off the extra and rubbing some of it off with my finger, I then heat embossed the edges too. I loved the look that it gave to have that final touch of gold around the edge!

Well, peeps...guess it is time for me to hop on over and do some household chores. I have spent quite a lot of time at the computer this a.m. and my kiddies are beginning to wonder what happened to Mom! Have a good day out there in cyberspace!


No comments: